Besides being a pet owner, you are a housewife, an employee, an entrepreneur, a student, or anyone occupied throughout the day. With that being said, offering meals to your dog at the right time often becomes challenging.
So, how to deal with a pup anxiously waiting for its food? What is the best way to maintain a regular feeding schedule for your pal? Are you searching for a simple and automated solution that takes care of your pet’s nutrition?
Well, consider investing in a wall mounted dog food dispenser. You will be amazed to see how easily it dispenses a limited quantity of food to your dog. You just have to fill it once and set the food supply. For the rest of the day, this automated feeder will take care of your pet’s diet.
With so many dog feeders available in the market, let’s discover the best option that sets your Fido’s eating timetable.
Automatic Dog Food Dispensers
An automatic dog feeder is used to fulfill the dietary requirements of dogs. Some feeders are operational with smartphones, while others are to be manually adjusted for the overeating, controlled portions, and pups that need food at unusual hours. A wall mounted dog food dispenser supplies semi-wet or completely dry meals multiple times a day.
Things To Look At When Buying A Dog Feeder
Automatic dog feeders range from highly complex to reasonably simple features. A good dog food dispenser has:
- Adjustable portion sizes
- Multiple meal offerings
- Sleek and easy to bend design
- Simple programing
- Cleanable Hopper and bowl
Best Dog Feeders: Our Top Four Picks!
Depending upon the size, features, capacity, and designs, we have selected the four best dog food dispensers in the market.
Quick Tip: Don’t skip the extraordinary wall mounted dog food dispenser. They are not automatic, But they are innovative feeders you will love
#1- Petsafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Automatic Feeder
Just schedule the feeding program in this electronic food dispenser, and you are good to go. It is an amazing dog feeder, especially for the starters. Although there are no whistles or bells attached, it is famous for its stability, excellent functioning, and built-in programming.
Pet owners can customize the process of releasing food. PetSafe Healthy Pet allows you to schedule 12 meals per day (ranging from 1/8 to 4 cups). That’s fantastic!
- The food bowl is made from stainless steel, which means you can clean it anytime
- Runs on 4, D-sized batteries and can also be operated with power cords (not included)
- The “Pause feeding” and “feed now” features are loved by the clients for a controlled portions
- Many reviewers complain about its programming difficulty (the menu might be of help)
- The food bowl is not ideal for larger breeds (as the food supply in the reservoir is slower than expected)
#2- WOpet Automatic Pet Feeder
If you are on a budget and searching for a technology-based automatic food dispenser, look no further. It holds an infrared camera to avoid food jamming within the container.
The WOPet SmartFeeder can stock 2.5 pounds of food and serve four meals/day. Easily programmable, app-connected feeder comes with a small speaker that allows you to record a ten-second voice note and stay connected with your canine.
- Simple but strong design to ease the feeding process
- Audio recording is an exceptional future. You can record custom messages for your pup
- Programming is super easy
- Battery operated or USB power adapter included
- Slow and steady food supplies prevent overeating and other intestinal issues
- Some clients find it hard to set up the WiFi connection
- Not sure if the iPhone or Android app will be updated
#3- Sure Petcare Microchip Pet Feeder Connect
This dog feeder is perfect if you have two or more pups to be fed at home. Sure Petcare Microchip is a tech-savvy feeder that comes with a built-in scanner. Whenever the pet comes in front of the feeder, it starts scanning the RFID collar tag or pet’s microchip and only supplies food, if needed. This mechanism guarantees only the deserving pet gets the meal. It also prevents other pets from stealing the food.
- Functional for multiple pets (but we recommend one at a time)
- Holds dry and wet food
- Food storage is not more than 2.5 cups, and large breed owners are often seen as frustrated
- Clean with delicacy (handwash only)
#4- Bergan Wall Mounted Dog Food Dispenser
With a capacity of 40 pounds of food, Bergan Wall Mounted Dog Food Dispenser is a space-saving option for your beloved friend. This feeder is mounted with the hardware, and the dispenser controls the food portions.
The lid at the top prevents pet food smell from staying inside the house while keeping the food fresh and tasty. The package includes a storage unit, hardware, and a mounting template.
- Pull the handle and allow your desired quantity of food to be dispensed
- The dispenser avoids external factors like humidity and insects from harming the food
- Multiple feeding options available (using separate bowls)
- Good storage (up to 40 lbs.)
- Dimensions are 15.75 x 11.25 x 26.13 inches
- Some online reviewers found it less helpful than they expected it to be
Feeding is the right time to train and learn new things. If possible, feed them with your love and care. However, if the dog is dealing with health issues or needs frequent or unusual food supplies, go for a wall mounted dog food dispenser.