Thousands of years of breeding have created a wide range of distinctive breeds with various colors, coats, physiques, and sizes. But what happens when the two breeds are mixed? You can get an adorable puppy that combines the best of both breeds.
In this article, we will discuss a similar kind of breed, commonly known as Rottweiler German Shepherd Mix Puppy, “Rottie Shepherd,” “Rotten Shepherd,” or “Shottie.
The puppies successfully gain those traits that breeders sought – strength, intelligence, peacefulness, calm, and obedient disposition. And inspired by the success, breeders introduced the Shepherd Rottweiler Mix Puppy to the German canine community, hoping to achieve official status for them.
Rottweiler German Shepherd Mix Puppy’s Appearance
Let’s consider the external features that are inherent in Shepherd Rottweiler Mix Puppy:
- A toned figure, slender legs
- Wide chest and straight back
- Hanging ears
- It doesn’t have a fur coat: its wool is short, has no undercoat
- In most cases, the puppy has a color of such shades: coal-black with yellowish or reddish spots on the abdomen, mouth, legs, neck, and chest. The back is always coal.
- The nose is dark; the muzzle is reddish-black with a charcoal transition to the head.
- The claws are also dark in color; the eyes are brown or dark, the same almond-shaped as in the German shepherd.
- The tail is shorter than that of a shepherd dog, slightly curved, not very fluffy.
Character and Behavior
If we talk about each breed’s character and behavior separately, they also have their characteristics. Rottweilers, for example, are level-headed and calm. They are very confident in themselves and are not afraid of difficulties. They do not have any fears about the world around them. Such animals perfectly protect “their” territory from outside encroachments.
Rottweilers are inherent in some aggressiveness towards other animals and strangers. From the first months of life, a puppy of this breed behaves very independently. Sometimes it is difficult for an inexperienced person to train and re-educate a Rottweiler.
As for German Shepherds, they are slightly different. These dogs are more friendly to everyone. They lead an active lifestyle and quickly learn everything. They are loyal to the person who cares about them.
What is the result of mixing the blood of these two different in nature animals? It is known that Rottweiler German Shepherd Mix Puppies are superior to their parents. They have very high intelligence and quick wit. This breed is very friendly, pleasant, and kind. Moreover, they are very fond of active games, running and jumping, enjoy physical activity, and remain happy during long walks.
Pros and Cons
- They have ideal protective and guard qualities
- They have a good healthy body and are very hardy
- They are loyal and friendly to all people in the family
- They can become a faithful friend and companion for a lonely person
- Behave aggressively towards other pets
- Sometimes they are hostile and with great malice towards strangers and even friends of the owner
- It is undesirable to have such a pet if the family has a small child. Therefore, to keep the dog under control, the owner must have leadership qualities.