The German shepherd Pitbull mix puppy is a hybrid canine breed that results from the intersection of a purebred German Shepherd Dog with a purebred American Pit Bull Terrier. Like many hybrids, the origin of the German Shepherd Pitbull x is unknown. But you can assume the breed was probably designed to combine extreme loyalty and GSD skill with a powerful Pit build to create the ultimate working dog.
If you want to buy a German Shepherd Pitbull Mix Puppy and are interested to know more about him, you are in the right place. Here we will discuss important information about this mixed breed.
With Pitbull German shepherd mix puppies, you cannot know exactly their length or coat color. However, you can make a guess based on the general appearance of the parent breeds. Besides, hybrids may look more like one parent than the other, or they may seem like the perfect combination of both parents. It’s a dice roll!
If Pitbulls blended with German shepherd puppies inherit the parental Shepherd’s genes more than Pitbull’s, they may have Shepach’s hard coats and blackheads. If the German shepherd Pitbull mix puppy is more like a Pitbull, they can come in just about color or color combination!
German Shepherd Pitbull Mix Puppy Character
Proper training and socialization with other pets and people from an early age can help prevent a German Shepherd Pitbull Mix Puppy from developing aggressive behavior later in life.
Unfortunately, both the German Shepherd and the Pitbull come with negative stereotypes. Both breeds are commonly associated with territorial aggression and biting, both humans and other dogs.
It would be better to socialize your puppy from the day you bring him/her home. It is also necessary to meet with both parents and make sure they are friendly and relaxed examples of their breeds.
Pitbull German Shepherd Mix Exercise Requirements
You will need to plan daily walks, playtime, and leash exercises.Also, both Pitbulls and German Shepherds are active breeds that have higher energy than other dog breeds. Therefore, it is best to keep them where they can play and run in the yard. They will not live well in a small apartment or are kept in a drawer most of the time.
Is a Pitbull German Shepherd Mix a Good Family Puppy?
- The Pitt Shepherd can mature to be a large dog with a lot of energy. With the intelligence and desire of a German shepherd, he/she can be a little mischievous too.
- He/she will need a yard or room to practice on his/her own, and plenty of walking and playtime throughout the day.
- In addition to energy release, exercise is also essential for this hybrid due to the high likelihood of developing hip dysplasia.
- Shepherd Pitt may not require much grooming if he/she inherits Pitt’s short coat. But if his/her coat is longer, like the Shepherd’s, he/she will need a weekly cleaning and more when he/she spills.
- We recommend young puppies communicate with strangers, children, and dogs, helping you control territorial aggression.
- As a family dog, this hybrid may not be ideal for homes with small children or other dogs.